Mari-Tech 2017 Call For Volunteers
On behalf of the St. Lawrence Branch of the Canadian Institute of Marine Engineering (CIMarE), we would like to invite you to submit your candidacy for a Volunteer Position for our 2017 Conference & Exhibition. The Mari-Tech 2017 Conference will be taking place at the Hotel Bonaventure Montréal in the heart of downtown Montréal on April 20-21, 2017.
We are currently seeking 20 volunteers to play an integral part of this year’s conference. Should you be interested in submitting your name for consideration please e-mail Shannon McLellan by February 16, 2017.
We will be seeking to fill roles such as:
- Registration Attendants
- Door Monitors
- Expo Hall Directional Volunteers
- Entrance Greeters
- Room Monitors
- Time Keepers
- Production Assistant
- Unassigned Floaters
- Event Photographer
- A minimum time commitment of 4 hours per day is required in order to obtain certain volunteer benefits.
- Each volunteer will abide by the Mari-Tech 2017 Dress Code.
- Volunteers are to sign a Confidentiality Agreement.
- Volunteers are to sign a Volunteer Contract and uphold their volunteer commitment to the best of their ability.
- Participate in mandatory volunteer orientation prior to the start of the conference.
- Past volunteer experience an asset.
Benefits Of Volunteering:
- Volunteering with Mari-Tech 2017 can help students meet potential employers and future colleagues.
- Become familiar with leaders and specialists in different sectors of the marine technology industry.
- See industry trends, issues, programs and vendors in action.
- Experience and learn new skills through these opportunities.
- Complimentary conference pass.
- All meals included during regular conference hours (breakfast and lunch)
In order to submit your name for consideration of a volunteer position, please provide us with a brief explanation as to why you would be interested in and how you qualify for volunteering at the 2017 Mari-Tech Conference (max 300 words). As well, please send us your résumé.
The deadline is February 16, 2017.
About the Conference
Mari-Tech 2017 Conference & Exhibition will take place from April 20 – 21, 2017, and will attract over 400 delegates from around the globe. Currently in its 38th year, Mari-Tech is the only Canadian Marine Engineering technical conference of its kind. It is now an international event, with exhibitors and speakers attendingfrom many countries. The conference will provide participants with an overview and a vision of how the future of the global marine industry could look.
Mari-Tech 2017 Conference & Exhibition is committed to providing marine engineers and associates with continued opportunities to develop their knowledge, stay up-to-date on international engineering development, and interact with leading marine industry stakeholders, personnel, and innovators.
The Conference is designed to build on the renaissance in our Canadian industry. It has the theme of “21st Century Marine Engineering: Efficient & Eco Systems”. The objective of this conference is to share international marine engineering and business best practices so that we can continue to introduce innovative tools, processes and skills to efficiently and safely support the marine interest throughout the Royal Canadian Navy, Canadian Coast Guard, Arctic Shipping, Offshore Oil & Gas, Inland, Coastal and Great Lakes Shipping sectors.
Please contact Shannon McLellan via email to confirm your interest or if you should have any questions.